Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Vacation to Idaho

We had soooo much fun!!!!!

Nate's little brother Brandon (and his family-wife, Heidi and their kids Spencer and Braedon) have lived in Coeur d' Alene for many years and I have always dreaded the long 12 hour drive. I finally caved and decided that I could round up enough prozac to handle it this year. We took Keifer, Nate's nephew with us so he could see Brandon (his Dad).


The drive up was not too bad at all. We actually stopped in Boise for a few days and Boise isn't too far. We stayed in a really fun hotel that had a great swimming pool. You know that is all the kids care about. We went to the Zoo, the horse races and took a really fun train ride along the river. We got to Coeur d' Alene on Monday night (And just so you all know, the locals call it CDA). We went down to the city park which includes a huge playground, tons of grass and lots of beach along CDA Lake. It is so beautiful the pictures I took do not do it any justice. Downtown is really cute with lots of fun shops, restaurants and bars, it reminds me of Park City. Anyway, we had a very event filled trip. I know that this is the longest post ever on planet earth and that I should do a slide show, but you should know by now that that is too hard for me. I hope you enjoy the pictures anyway because we had a wonderful time and really want to thank Brandon and Heidi for putting up with us for week.


This was at a restaurant in downtown Spokane called Azteca. The restaurant was good "inside", but it was around 105 degrees outside and you all know how I melt...... Need I say anymore?

In the mall in Spokane was a children's discovery center type place. I can't remember the name of it but the kids really had fun.

This is our nephew Keifer, he is getting so big. He was pretty much a texting machine the entire time. Those girls just don't leave him alone. So funny!
This is cute Baby Braedon (don't forget the Baby part). Aubree adored him and would have wrapped him up in a blanket and carried him around if she could have.
This is Braedon, Brandon and Spencer. Spencer really didn't want to talk to me much especially if Keifer was within 100 yards. It was really cute to see how much he loves him.
Daddy and Aubree riding bikes, they had screens in front of them so it really looked like they were going somewhere.

I really need to post a video of my little hula hoop queen. And yes she did kick her Uncle Brandon's booty at hula hoop.

This is a picture taken from Brandon and Heidi's back yard. You can barley see the moon coming over the mountain. It is really so pretty, I wish the pictures showed it better.
We were only missing Dustin. I know they wish they could see each other more.
Our Angel.
Aubree was in heaven here. She was as tired as he was but wasn't about to miss out on being able to hold "The Baby". - This is before, and.......
...... this is after. Sweet huh?
These pictures were on the CDA River. Again, very pretty the water was crystal clear. I actually put my feet in if you can believe that. We spent the day there and I was very nervous about going because I love the sun and water so much. But it was one of our funnest days. They have big cliffs that Nate and Brandon jumped off of. The kids caught little fish with their hands along the banks. Keifer thought he was going to bring them home (I couldn't break his heart by telling him there was no way in hell that 100 little tiny sucker fish were coming home with us). We also fished and I am very proud to say that Aubree caught her very first fish..... and then her second fish. All the while her Dad was giving it all he had and came up empty handed. Keifer caught one too, it was awesome.

Here is Braedon sporting the latest in swim ware.
Aubree and her proud Dad.
Can you tell how proud she was of herself?
Yes this is her Barbie fishing pole that Grandpa Mike gave her when she was just born.
Here is the big one Keifer caught.
Nate, Keifer and Brandon.

This is Nate almost in the water and Brandon is up at the top.
Here is Brandon, about in the middle. They are crazy.
Aubree and her Dad floating down the river. Oh its just a little snake, they said. I stayed far far away while my daughter was petting the stupid thing.
This is "Silverwood" it's just like Lagoon. The amusement park side is about the same size but the water park was probably 5 times bigger than Lagoona Beach. I sat in a lounge chair and read my book because I am allergic to the sun and water. He-he......
This was towards the end of the day and we all got soaked.
Brandon, Keifer and Spenc.
The insane people on this ride kept waiving at us. Keifer's face was priceless.
Spencer being a perfect gentleman and letting Aubree drive the plane.
I kinda forgot to take pictures at the water park. This section behind the kids is the little kid part. This place was huge and they had so much fun. Edward Cullen and I had a great time too lounging in the chair.

Brandon and Heidi - our wonderful tour guides.
Spencer is in Karate well it is actually Jui Jitsu. I know I spelled that wrong but I really don't have a clue. Anyway, he was so proud for everybody to come and watch him, especially Keifer. I was really impressed with how well he did. I wish my camera worked a bit better in there.


We stopped and got the kids an ice cream cone on the way home and Braedon was loving every minute of it.

This was for sure the highlight of the vacation. So-we are all packed up and ready to go to the river for the day and we have to stop KMart for some snacks and fishing licences. Brandon and Nate go in to get them while Heidi and I circle the parking lot trying to keep the kids entertained. They finally come out of the store and get everything loaded into the trunk of my car and naturally Brandon shuts the trunk just in time for Nate to realize that he set the keys down INSIDE the trunk. We called a lock smith and it was going to another hour before they could get there so I called the local Honda Dealership in hopes they were feeling generous and lucky for us they were and all it cost us was a big Diet Pepsi. After all was said and done we all laughed about it. And we were lucky enough to end the day with Heidi getting a speeding ticket on the way home. At least we made it home with all the kids we came with.

Aubree and Spencer were not at the end of their ropes yet but I am pretty sure Keifer had had it. Just look at that face.
This is the beach at CDA Lake. So pretty! Off to the left is a very nice resort.



Nate, Brandon, Keifer and Spencer went out on the lake in a paddle boat. They had fun but Nate threw Keifer in the water and I hear he didn't like it much.
These are some friends we met at the Zoo in Boise. Leave it to Keifer to make friends with the locals.

Don't laugh big ears run in our family.
And just so everybody knows the tiger Aubree is holding is "Tigy". Grandma and Grandpa Weaver bought him for her from the Hogle Zoo last year. He is her new favorite pal and we had to take him everywhere with us. She always makes sure he is in the pictures too.

Tigy really loved the Zoo.



These pictures are from the Thunder Mountain Railroad. We road the train for about an hour and half up the canyon along the river, stopped for a dutch over dinner and then road back.

I thought this is such a cute picture. They could pass for brother and sister. Keifer is such a sweet kid, Aubree wanted to do everything he did and he never lost patience with her. We love him and are so glad we had the opportunity to take him with us.


Me and my baby.
Nate and his Baby.
Again-Thanks so much Brandon and Heidi for having us. We know that it was a lot to deal with but you made it look like you still liked us when we left so we really appreciate it. We hope we can do it again soon!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that place looks awesome!! Way pretty! I cannot believe how big Keifer is holy cow he has changed so much since the last time I saw him!! Cute pics of Aubs and her fish!!

Kenlee's Mom said...

Those are such cute pictures! Looks like you had a blast! I am so proud of you for putting your feet in the water!! Thats a huge step for you;O) The kids look like they had so much fun! Love you!
Darb

The Allred Family said...

WOW...a post!!!! J/k. Looks like your summer vaca was way exciting. Who woulda thought Idaho could be so fun!!! :0) By the way "Thanks" for the congrats, and the For Sale sign is officially gone for now. We want to move more North- W. haven, Plain City or Hooper. Now that we are expecting we will wait till after the baby comes to try to sell again. I LOVE syracuse, but we totally our OUTGROWING our house now, it sucks!!! Hope all is going well with your fam!!